Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Vacation Bible School
Vacation Bible School is a pretty new concept to me. Growing up Catholic, I never attended nor even heard of VBS. Now that I am a Protestant, I come to find out that VBS is big business. Companies make programs and churches can "shop around" in the spring for the program they want. And BTW, the weekly programs are pretty cool. Lots of singing, crafts, videos, snacks, and of course, bible stories. The kids have gone to Vacation Bible School for a few years now, but this year I decided to use some of my vacation days and actually help out. Whew! I am craft leader, and after yesterday's 2.5 hour session I was ready to sleep the afternoon away. So much activity! The kids were good and the craft was pretty easy, but I'm just not used to that many kids at once. I have a whole new appreciation for teachers. Now to muster up the energy for the rest of the week...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Um, you are not Lutheran now? Man, I missed some major things!
ReplyDeleteLady - a little education. Protestant includes Lutheran, Methodist, Presbyterian, etc. Basically the religions that "protested" against catholicism. Hope the move went well!
ReplyDelete