Thursday, June 3, 2010
Christmas card list
This weekend I made a decision. No longer will a certain acquaintance from high school be on our family Christmas Card list. I'm not exactly sure how she got on the list in the first place, but said person faithfully sends us a card each year. Do we have much, if anything, to say to each other? No. Do I care about what is going on in her life? Not really. She is known to be a person of gossip, and I sneakily suspect that she uses our annual letter in conversations with town folk at her leisure. I saw her at a wedding over the weekend and she didn't even say hello. I'm sure the alcohol consumption on her part didn't help, but I am no longer making excuses. If she chooses to send a card each year fine. But don't expect me to reciprocate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment