Friday, June 18, 2010

Homemakers

It was not that long ago that I used to think, "What do stay-at-home moms, or 'homemakers' do after the kids are in school full time?" Well, I totally get it. There are some times that I wish I could have more alone time at home to just get the boring stuff done. Like groceries, bills, meal-planning, cooking, laundry, etc. I feel really torn on the days I have with the kids - should I do fun stuff with them or make them help me with chores? They're pretty good about doing their fair share, and they understand that it takes everybody pitching in to get it done. Still, I feel guilty. And being the super-organized person I am, I would love to take things to the next level, like freezing meals ahead of time, making a recipe database, sewing clothes and costumes, etc. Don't get me wrong, I really like my job and would never make it as a full-time stay-at-home mom. I'm just saying, I can't wait until Clare goes to Kindergarten and I get Monday afternoons and Fridays to myself. Am I horrible?

No comments:

Post a Comment